Thank you for visiting us at the Right Rail Coalition. Our site is evolving and, while we hope that you can find what you need, please check back regularly for updates.
The Right Rail Coalition is a group of action-oriented citizens, businesses, and community leaders interested helping Baltimore get the biggest (and most effective!) bang for its transportation buck.
The Future Is Now!
The Right Rail Coalition is advocating for an improved regional transit system for Baltimore. While we don't have all the answers, here's what's on our mind:
We want a regional transit system that is:
- comprehensive: combining the best existing transport with new, efficient and people-friendly services
- integrated: connecting residents, businesses, and visitors in all directions
- positive: enhancing the social and economic vitality of our city and region by respecting public transportation users, including bicycle and auto lanes, and ensuring attractive pedestrian walkways
- not too costly to build: not the currently projected $2.6 billion for the MTA's proposed Red Line
- up and operating as soon as possible: we can't and should not have to wait until 2025!
Now is the time to open up the transportation conversation to everyone and to explore options and alternatives that best serve our communities. Please join us!